Dynamics AX Project Accounting Lead ConsultantApply Now Apply Later Job ID 2103456 Date posted 05/04/2016
Dynamics AX Project Accounting Lead Consultant
Summary of Position:
- Will be part of one or multiple teams that will use problem solving skills to develop and implement Dynamics AX solutions for Tribridge customers utilizing Tribridge Methodology.
- The majority of time will be spent executing tasks related to customer solution delivery.
- Ensures that all activities are carried out in an efficient, cost-effective manner.
- Will act as a bridge between all departments within the Enterprise practice, including Sales, Customer Support, and Partners.
- Serves as an internal subject matter expert and supports all company activities including but not limited to system implementations, integrations, and process consultations.
- Play a project management role for smaller customers and projects.
- Will be expected to participate in team building and to develop team and customer relationships.
- Will proactively look for ways to keep all time productive and will use non-customer time for personal training, internal projects and administrative tasks.
- Will be expected to be a Peer Partner to newly hired team members.
- Reports to the Practice Manager or a senior team member.
- Utilizes applicable Tribridge Methodology phases, activities and tasks to deliver quality work products for clearly defined projects in one of the following areas – Analysis, Design, Testing, Implementation, Support and Maintenance.
- Understands customer needs. Perform gap analysis between package functionality and customer requirements.
- Understands documentation standards, and be able to create all standard project documentation.
- Responds promptly and professionally to customer requests or inquiries seeking guidance from Project or Practice Management as appropriate
- QA’s project efforts and documentation to ensure project decisions/deliverables are sound
- Trains users on new processes and product
- May be expected to perform project management duties on smaller, less complex projects (develop project plans, manage budget/actual and scope of work, approval of project-related T&E)
- Provides excellent service to internal and external customers. Keeps customers up-to-date on the progress of the service they are receiving and changes that may effect them.
- Prioritizes customer issues and addresses most pressing concerns
- Utilizes both formal and informal channels to facilitate the progress of work. Interprets and integrates multifaceted information from varied sources on a range of complex issues.
- Actively establishes relationships with all levels within the customer organization
- Maintains continuous, open, consistent professional communication with customers, peers and management. Openly listens to others and checks understanding.
- Continues to acquire and apply new knowledge and learning
- Demonstrates proficiency in practice technology. Understands business process and relates knowledge to product functionality.
- Defines business requirements for technical solutions or alternatives. Can identify and help design customizations, workaround, or enhancements required to meet customer needs.
- Leads project teams through design workshops and pilot environments
- Develops data conversion and testing strategies
- May perform product demonstrations
Minimum Requirements – Education, Skill & Abilities:
- Bachelors’ Degree in Accounting, Business, MIS or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Deep functional knowledge in AX 2012 Project Management & Accounting Module
- Demonstrated experience & understanding of revenue recognition for fixed price and/or time & material projects
- Minimum 3 years experience implementing Microsoft Dynamics AX required
- Minimum 5 years consulting experience required
- Intermediate experience with core accounting business processes
- Experience with the 2 most recent versions of Dynamics AX
- Deep functional knowledge of the GL, AR, AP or production modules
- Minimum 1 year experience working in a virtual environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Valid Driver’s Licence required
Preferred Requirements– Education, Skill & Abilities:
- Master’s Degree or higher in Business, MIS
- AX 2012 Project Management & Accounting Certified
- CPA a plus
- Large Consulting/Big Four consulting experience
- Minimum of 2 complete implementations of Dynamics AX preferred
- Experience with other Dynamics solutions (GP, SL, NAV, CRM) a plus
- Experience implementing other Tier 1 ERP solutions (JD Edwards, SAP, Oracle, PeopleSoft, IFS) a plus
- Office/Home Environment or Customer Site
- Up to 80 % travel dependent on practice and geography of project assignment. May include overnight or additional driving time. 100% travel can be expected in smaller defined timeframes.